- Work boots – preferably with steel toecaps. Wellingtons or walking boots are OK, but not trainers.
- Tough gloves (e.g. gardening gloves).
- Waterproofs – preferably a jacket and trousers, as it might rain.
- Warm, outdoor clothes – ones that can get dirty and muddy on the worksite.
- Clean change of clothes – for after your shower!
- Wash kit and towel.
- Sleeping bag and pillow.
- Torch – for finding your way round the bunkhouse in the middle of the night, or lighting your way back from the pub.
Nice to have
- Thermos flask – so you can take hot tea or coffee to the worksite.
- Sandwich box.
- Alarm clock – though we may bring you a cup of tea before breakfast.
- National Trust admission card – if you have one.